Rivendell, WIS

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Thursday, March 23, 2006

In memory of an innocent 4 yo boy

Sean Paddock died February 26 of suffocation with blankets. I cannot find many details about his death online; it appears that wrapping him up tightly in blankets was a punishment repeatedly used by his mother, Lynn.

This article gives the most complete information I can find.

The Lord Jesus Christ's teachings about children come to my mind:

* Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these, Matthew 19:14.
* Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven, Matthew 18:3, 4.
* And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea, Matthew 18:5, 6.
* See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven, Matthew 18:10.

Hinder them not; offend them not; despise them not. Be humble as they are humble. Words to live by.

Anne at Holy Experience writes words from her heart of love in a letter to the relatives of Sean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home