Rivendell, WIS

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Monday, February 27, 2006

Does this coffee cup stir your heart to prayer?

If you walked into your neighborhood Starbucks, ordered your favorite coffee drink, then glanced at your cup and saw these words, what would you think?

"My only regret about being gay is that I repressed it for so long. I surrendered my youth to the people I feared when I could have been out there loving someone. Don’t make that mistake yourself. Life’s too damn short."-- Armistead Maupin

This is old news, but not to me. I just learned about these "The Way I See It" cups last night. My Better Half printed out a few articles he found online about the response of various conservatives to this quote and other ways Starbucks supports the homosexual agenda (see this related article).

Here's what I thought, after mulling this over as I went about my morning routine (which included grinding and brewing some Starbucks coffee beans): I wonder how many followers of Christ have thought to pray for Mr. Maupin? Dear Father in heaven, break into the reality of which he is so sure and show him Your kingdom of light. Plant the seed of the Gospel in his heart and nurture it till it bears the fruit of salvation. And give us all wisdom on how to treat those who are blinded in their lives of sin.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home