Rivendell, WIS

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Thanks to those who prayed and left comments...

...in regards to my depressing day.

Thanks for the book suggestion, Athena. It's available at our public library, so I'll check it out. I've thought my blues may be related to my time of life (age 44), but it comes and goes almost at random--seems to be related more to stress than to health.

Update: Yesterday I laid down in the afternoon, feeling totally unable to tackle any of my normal tasks. After a brief time praying and crying, I all-of-a-sudden felt that I *could* get up and do something useful. Felt fine the rest of the evening. Did my Shepherd hear my cries and send relief?

3 Comments:

  • At 7:48 PM, Blogger Amy Witt said…

    Psalm 40 says, "I waited patiently for the Lord, He listened and heard my cries. He lifted me up out of the pit, out of the miry clay. He set my feel upon a rock and made my footsteps firm."

     
  • At 6:52 PM, Blogger Dawn ;) said…

    Amen to Athena scripture selection. Also, as I have been doing some reading for my own health's sake, you may want to consider the change of life symptoms having something to do w/your current state. I found that I was going thru what they call perimenopause and all of the suggestions that Athena mention, along w/changing my sleep habits, have greatly reduce my temper tantrums and feelings of depression which are common side affects. You are going to be just fine, dear friend. You have your Savior holding your hand and walking or even carrying you though this stage of life. I also have found going out and taking a brisk walk, praying has cleared up my mood remarkably - winter has the tendancy to make turn inside ourselves and not go outide b/c its dark and cold; where spring/summer lets us feel free to run and play. Just my thoughts.
    Be blessed.

     
  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger HowGreatADebtor said…

    Thanks, Dawn :) Last spring, I did look into the symptoms of perimenopause and found that some of them lined up with what I was experiencing. It was some comfort to know that there could be a physical cause to my feelings--I wasn't just going crazy for no good reason! ;) I'll probably do ok over the holidays ahead... and then will need to take extra good care of myself in January when there seems to be nothing to anticipate.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home