Rivendell, WIS

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

How to home school when depressed?

Unexpectedly, I am depressed. I went through this late last winter/early spring, learned a lot about keeping myself healthy, had a very happy summer, and now... the same feelings and thoughts are back.

We just took a day off school yesterday to relax from the hectic weekend and to plan for our new term. Today, I'm unable to work with the students without snapping and yelling at them. I'm grumpy, teary-eyed, and full of discontent. I'm planning to do some writing, some reading, some praying, some resting. Perhaps I can take a walk... if it's warm enough.

Please pray for us. If you have any suggestions on what to do about schoolwork when Mom is emotionally distraught, please send them. TY.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:11 PM, Blogger Mama Squirrel said…

    Hugs and prayers.

     
  • At 8:21 AM, Blogger Amy Witt said…

    I suffer from depression (or the blues which is not full blown depression but just when I get off kelter) different times of the year. A book called, "When Your Body Gets the Blues" has been a big help to let me keep my body in balance and has really helped keep the depression at bay. It is not big revelation: eating right, exercise, proper vitamins and minerals, water, and rest. and of course I add prayer and spending time in the Word.

     
  • At 7:58 AM, Blogger Carol Hepburn said…

    I am also one of those 'depressed' homeschoolers - oh not - repressed homeschoolers - depressed! I used to think it was because I didn't get enough sunshine and the winter time always seemed to be my worst season. But now I live in the sunshine all the time, so there goes that reason. I have come to understand myself and realize that a lot of my depression stems from my personality. I am melancholy and sanquine, always have been and always will be. I am very sensitive and very intuitive. I am also a perfectionist. As Athena rightly posted -- diet and exercise play a big part in helping to keep the blues at bay. I also have come to terms with the fact that I am not a sunshiny person all the time. God created me as I am and so I know that I can be my own worst enemy somedays. So from one slightly depressed person to another -- hang in there. Pray often, trust the Lord to help you see the sun whenever it seems a bit gloomy and know that this too shall pass! Hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home