Rivendell, WIS

O to grace how great a debtor Daily I'm constrained to be! Let Thy goodness, like a fetter, Bind my wandering heart to Thee.

Monday, August 28, 2006

The Homeschooling Meme

Mother Auma tagged me for this meme.

1) ONE HOMESCHOOLING BOOK YOU HAVE ENJOYED
The only education book I have reread several times is For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay.

2) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULDN'T BE WITHOUT
The booklists of Ambleside Online and House of Education Online.

3) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH YOU HAD NEVER BOUGHT
The Greenleaf Guide to Ancient Literature. This was not what our oldest daughter needed several years ago when she started 9th grade. I regret not using Ambleside Online for her at that time. 

4) ONE RESOURCE YOU ENJOYED LAST YEAR
A 1930 book called Discovery of Poetry by P. H. B. Lyon, Headmaster of Rugby School.

5) ONE RESOURCE YOU WILL BE USING NEXT YEAR
Home Educator’s Tutor for copywork, art, music and logic (back issues contain a logic game by Lewis Carroll that I’m eager to try out).

6) ONE RESOURCE YOU WOULD LIKE TO BUY
The Pilgrim’s Progress audio version that Mother Auma plans to use, http://orionsgate.org/audio/audio.html

7) ONE RESOURCE YOU WISH EXISTED
Well-qualified tutors in my neighborhood to teach several foreign languages to my children at a low cost.

8) ONE HOMESCHOOLING CATALOGUE YOU ENJOY READING
I look through Timberdoodle more than any others I receive. I use it for gift ideas sometimes.

9) ONE HOMESCHOOLING WEBSITE YOU USE REGULARLY
For finding web resources on a lot of homeschool topics, I start with A to Z Home’s Cool: http://homeschooling.gomilpitas.com/index.htm

10) TAG FIVE OTHER HOMESCHOOLERS

Tootlepip
Paper Lilacs
Tim's Mom
Sherry
Erinee

This will probably be my last post for awhile. Too, too, too much to do.

"The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved," Jeremiah 8:20. Application to my life? August is almost over, school should begin soon, and not only haven't I thoroughly planned our schedule, but I haven't painted the housetrim!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home